Preview Day Program
This is the early, tentative schedule for Preview Day. Please check back for updates with more specifics.
The final version will be handed to you when you arrive for the event.
8:00-8:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
Food Drive donations gratefully accepted**
8:30-9:00 a.m. Welcome Address and Cal Maritime Presentation – Rizza Auditorium
9:15-10:45 a.m. Campus Tour (including tour of the Training Ship GOLDEN BEAR*)
10:45-11:30 Major Presentations
· Marine Transportation
· Mechanical Engineering
Global Studies and Maritime Affairs
· Business Administration - International Business and Logistics
· Facilities Engineering Technology
· Marine Engineering Technology
11:30-12:15 Admission & Financial Aid Presentations
12:15 p.m. Choose Your Activities
· Brunch until 1:15 p.m. – in the Dining Hall until 1:15 ($9.00 per person)
· Activity Fair until 2:00 p.m. - featuring clubs, campus organizations, and CMA departments including Admission, Military Options, Campus Life, Student Leadership, Student Health Center, Athletics, Career Center, Disability Resources, until 2:00
· Residence Hall Tours until 2:00 p.m. – last tour begins at 1:30
The Bookstore until 3:00 p.m. - will be open from 10:00 am until 3:00 p.m.
*Please note - the GOLDEN BEAR is working ship and an industrial setting. This is why the following ship policies must be enforced for all visitors' safety. Those not meeting the safety standards must stay on the dock during the ship portion of the campus tour.
- The following types of shoes are not allowed on the ship: flip-flops, sandals that are open-toes or open heeled as well as any high heeled shoe. Shoes with rubber soles are recommended.
- Because of steep stairways and high door sills, visitors with limited mobility cannot be accommodated. We want to honor elderly relatives, but those with limited mobility including those who use a cane, walker, wheel chair, or must carry oxygen, will be asked to stay on the dock.
- Infants and children under 6 are not allowed aboard. Children from 6 to 12 must be with an adult at all times.
** Cal Maritime's Student Veterans Group is sponsoring a food drive in conjunction with Preview Day. We ask visiting families to bring one or more food items to Preview Day to be collected at the registration table. The food will be donated to the Food Bank of Solano and Contra Costa Counties. Here is a link to the items they need most: http://www.foodbankccs.org/give-help/traditional-food-drive.html