Osher Foundation Scholarship
The Bernard Osher Foundation, headquartered in San Francisco, was founded in 1977 by Bernard Osher, a respected businessman and community leader. The Foundation seeks to improve quality of life through support for higher education and the arts. The Foundation provides post-secondary scholarship funding to colleges and universities across the nation.
A generous scholarship endowment has been given to Cal Maritime by the Bernard Osher Foundation to assist upper-division transfer students from California community colleges with the tuition cost of attending the California Maritime Academy. One to two new scholarships may be awarded per year. Qualifying students may retain their scholarships for up to eight semesters. Scholarship amounts can be up to $5,000 per year.
To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an applicant to the California Maritime Academy
- Submit the online admission application to Cal Maritime by November 30th of the year preceding the year you enter.
- Be a student transferring in at least 60 transferrable semester units (or equivalent) completed by the spring semester before enrolling.
- Be a student who's last college was a California Community College
To be selected to receive the scholarship, scholarship applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Be selected by the Osher Scholarship Selection Committee
- Be admitted to the California Maritime Academy
To receive the scholarship, a scholarship winner must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at the California Maritime Academy
- Maintain at least a 2.25 in the first year at Cal Maritime and at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA in all remaining years at Cal Maritime
- Not be enrolled beyond the student's eighth semester at Cal Maritime
The California Maritime Academy's Admission Office will be the point of contact for all scholarship applicants. The selection process will be coordinated through the Osher Foundation Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship awardees will be notified by April 1. In the event the scholarship winner chooses not to attend The California Maritime Academy, a new awardee will be selected from the remaining finalists and notified as soon as possible.
Marc McGee, Director of Admission
The California Maritime Academy
200 Maritime Academy Drive
Vallejo, CA 94590
If you do not see the Osher Scholarship online application below, ,please click on this alternate link to a partner website that we also use. You can then fill out the application - and press the submit button.