Referring Students for Services
Typically, a student seeks out services on his/her own. However, you may offer to walk a student over to Student Health Services during business hours.
If you are unsure about the signs of a distressed student, read more here.
Our staff can help you:
- Assess the situation, its seriousness, and the need for referral
- Identify resources for the student
- Find the best way to make the referral, if needed
- Clarify your own feelings and consider ways you can be most effective
- Discuss follow-up concerns
If you feel there is a possible safety risk—for the student or others—contact Campus Police and Student Health Services.
If you choose to help a student, or if a student approaches you read our Guidelines for Dealing with Distressed Students and read our Red Folder:
You may also wish to view the following documents: