The IT Support at Cal Maritime is open to all students, faculty and staff. It provides assistance with all University-owned computer and software. It also assists with network-related issues and the use of computer-related technology.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (707) 654-1048
- Online: http://cma-supportweb/TrackItWeb/SelfService/Application/Main (this link only works when you are on campus)
Both the Data Center and the IT Support are located in the Classroom Building across from Classroom 103. See this map.
The following IT Support schedule applies during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Monday-Friday: IT provides support between 8:00 AM and 5:30 PM. From 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM, however, the IT Support doors are open and IT staff are available to assist walk-ins. IT Support is located in the Classroom Building across from room 103.
- Non-business hours: Emergency IT support is available during non-business hours. To request IT support during these times, contact IT Support for EMERGENCIES ONLY at x1048 (dial 707-654-1048 from off-campus). What constitutes an IT-related emergency? An IT emergency consists of a complete, campus-wide outage of IT systems and services, including (but not limited to):
- Complete outage of ALL email
- Complete outage of file server access (e.g. Z drive and other shared drives)
- Complete outage of Moodle (e.g., people cannot logon to Moodle)
- Complete outage of Web portal site access
How to Report a Problem
There are now two ways to submit a request to the IT Support's new portal.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will automatically be entered into "Track-It!" which is IT's tracking system, and you will receive confirmation via email. Students must currently use this method instead of logging into the IT Support portal (below) because of domain issues.
- Logon to the IT Support portal at http://cma-supportweb/TrackItWeb/SelfService/Application/Main (you must be on campus). Faculty and staff can use a Web browser to log incidents and check the status of their requests via the Web. When using a computer on campus, simply click on the link below to request assistance or track progress on your request(s). A conformation message containing an incident tracking number will be automatically generated and sent to you confirming receipt of your request. Keep this tracking number as you may need to refer to it when corresponding with the IT Support.
For information on how to report IT emergencies during non-business hours, see the section above entitled "Support Schedule."
IT Services Contact Information
|Academic Computing Supportemail@example.com|
- Moodle Support: 707-765-1046, firstname.lastname@example.org
- TurnItIn Support: 707-654-1046, email@example.com
- PeopleSoft Tickets: 707-654-1721, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Publishing: 707-654-1724
- R25 Event Calendar: email@example.com
Limited Support for Macintosh Computers
The IT Support provides limited support for Macintosh computers. It is recommended that faculty and staff already be familiar with Apple's operating system and products before acquiring one for use on campus. Key individuals on the IT staff have been designated to provide assistance where possible.
Audiovisual Equipment in Classrooms and Labs