Important Dates Spring Semester 2021
- January 25: Faculty and staff Covid-19 testing
- January 27: Cadet Covid-19 testing/ Residence hall move in begins
- February 1: Classes begin
- February 1-4: U.S. Coast Guard examinations
- February 1: Watches begin
- February 8: First Formation
- March 31: Cesar Chavez (University closed)
- April 17: Cal Maritime Day
- May 7: Last Day of instruction
- May 15: Commencement
- May 18: Academic year ends/Grades due by noon
For health & safety reasons, the following services will remain virtual. All offices are open during normal business hours. You can schedule appointments through the Passport App (more information in the attachment) or use these emails/phone numbers to contact them:
- Registrar’s Office:
- Phone: 707-654-1203
- University Advisors:
- Phone: 707-654-1794
- Financial Aid:
- Phone: 707-654-1287
- STCW/US Coast Guard Licensing:
- Phone: 707-654-1297
- Veterans Certifying:
- Phone: 707-654-1200
- Available online. Contact Matthew Tener (email@example.com) with questions.
- Keelhauler Shops (aka Bookstore):
- Order your books online! You can pick up curbside or have shipped to your home.
- Outside pick up by appointment & virtual library open 24/7 .
- More information attached and on the Library webpage.
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS):
- Appointments can be scheduled through the Student Health Center at 707-654-1170
- Virtual walk in hours are still from 2-3pm – call the Health Center to be added to walk in hour.
For those who are fully remote
Please remember that all the support and services you received when you were on campus are still available to you remotely!
- Academic Success/Support: Please reach out to your faculty if you have any issues with your coursework. And do not hesitate to reach out to your faculty advisor to check in throughout the semester.
For those in F2F classes
- Daily Screenings:
- On campus cadets to do an online daily symptom self check.
- Please remember that if you develop a fever or other COVID-like symptoms you should self-isolate and call the Student Health Center immediately.
- Face coverings are required on campus.
- If you do not have any other mask, please stop by the Commandant’s Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you some.
- Dining will remain to-go style until in-restaurant dining restrictions are lifted.
- If you have any special needs or food allergies please speak with the Director of Dining Services, Orlando Torres Otorres@csum.edu
ABOUT CAL MARITIME
Established in 1929, California State University Maritime Academy is the only degree-granting maritime academy on the West Coast. Located in Vallejo, California, the campus serves nearly 1,000 students and offers undergraduate degrees preparing students for careers in engineering, transportation, international relations, business, and global logistics. The new oceanography degree program launched in the fall of 2020. Cal Maritime also offers a master’s degree in Transportation and Engineering Management, as well as a number of extended learning programs and courses.