Reporting Sexual Assault
Members of the University community are acutely aware that the victim of a sexual assault may be physically and emotionally traumatized by an attack and each occurrence requires prompt and immediate attention. Sexual assaults will not be tolerated and each incident will be investigated with appropriate disciplinary, criminal, or legal action with the consent from the victim.
If you are a victim of a sexual assault, please do the following:
- Go to a safe place as soon as you can.
- Try to preserve all physical evidence. Do not wash, use the toilet, or change clothing if you can avoid it. If you change clothes, put all clothing you were wearing at the time of the attack in a paper, not plastic, bag.
- Contact the Cal Maritime Police Department as soon as possible by calling 911 in an emergency. If the attack did not occur on campus then call the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction where the assault occurred. Cal maritime Police personnel or Student Health Services may assist you in notifying the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Get medical attention. Cal Maritime Police officers may assist, when called, with medical attention that will include collecting any type of evidence.
- Talk with Cal Maritime's Psychologist. Cal Maritime Police officers may assist you in contacting a trained professional whether you want to pursue legal action or not. Victims have the right to have an advocate and support person present at the hospital for examination.
- Contact someone you trust.
SafeQuest Solano CALL 24/7 866-487-7233 Crisis Line
In case of EMERGENCY, please immediately call 911. If you believe you have been a victim of domestic violence or sexual assault, please call the 24 hour hotline at 1-866-4-UR-SAFE.
National Sexual Assault Hotline
Crisis Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
The Hotline provides live, secure, anonymous crisis support for victims of sexual assault, their friends, and families. They will help to connect you to your local rape crisis center, which provides free individual and group support sessions and other services. You can always reach your local rape crisis center directly by calling the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800.656.HOPE.
Solano & Napa SANE/SART
Phone: 707-255-NEWS (6397) Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse hotline
Solano & Napa SANE/SART is a team of professionals and nurses trained to work with sexual assault victims. They provide crisis support to victims during their foresenic medical exams at local hospitals throughout Soalno and Napa county.
California Coalition Aganist Sexual Assault
The California Coalition Against Sexual Assault provides leadership, vision and resources to rape crisis centers, individuals and other entities committed to ending sexual violence. CALCASA is the only statewide organization in California whose sole purpose is to promote public policy, advocacy, training and technical assistance on the issue of sexual assault.