Cal Maritime Mission, Vision, Beliefs and Values
- The California State University Maritime Academy's mission is to
- Provide each student with a college education combining intellectual learning, applied technology, leadership development, and global awareness.
- Provide the highest quality licensed officers and other personnel for the merchant marine and national maritime industries.
- Provide continuing education opportunities for those in the transportation and related industries.
- Be an information and technology resource center for the transportation and related industries.
The California State University Maritime Academy will be a leading educational institution recognized for excellence in the business, engineering, operations, and policy of the transportation and related industries of the Pacific Rim and beyond.
Beliefs and Values
The California State University Maritime Academy is defined, in part, by the system of beliefs that make us unique as an institution of higher education. They are:
- experiential learning
- ethics development, both personal and professional
- small residential campus environment
- student centered learning
- professional orientation
- having a niche to focus on in higher education
- campus civility and collegiality
- diverse living/learning community
Our values influence how we make and carry out decisions, and how we interact with our internal and external constituencies. At Cal Maritime they are dedication, honor, integrity, respect, responsibility, and trust.