Air Force ROTC
Please note that the ROTC program may conflict with the required four-year course schedules in the following high unit degree programs: Marine Transportation, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering Technology and Facilities Engineering Technology. Additionally, Training Ship Golden Bear and Commercial Cruise requirements may create summer scheduling conflicts.
Air Force ROTC is offered through the Aerospace Studies department at U.C. Berkeley. Upon completion of the program and granting of 4-year degree from California State University Maritime Academy, students will commission as Second Lieutenants in the United States Air Force. To be eligible for AFROTC, applicants should be a full-time student at Cal Maritime and meet additional fitness, GPA, testing, and other requirements. Qualified students may also compete for Air Force ROTC scholarships. Interested students should visit the department website http://airforcerotc.berkeley.edu
to get further information, then call 510-642-3572 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
to sign up.
Students may enroll in the program and attend one course per semester at the U.C. Berkeley campus at no cost. The AFROTC courses are:
- AS1 - Foundations of the U.S. Air Force for first-year cadets (1 credit)
- AS2 - Evolution of USAF Air and Space Power for second-year cadets (1 credit)
- AS135 - Air Force Leadership Studies for third-year cadets(3-credits), and National Security Forces in Contemporary American Society/Preparation for Active Duty for fourth-year cadets(3-credits).
- Additionally, all students (regardless of year) must take AS100 – Leadership Laboratory (0 credits—it is a 2-hour lab).
- The ROTC program also includes 3 hours per week of fitness activities (1 hour at UC Berkeley, 2 hours on your own) and a 4-week Summer Field Training.
Interested students should visit the department website http://airforcerotc.berkeley.edu to get further information, then call 510-642-3572 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.