Tentative Schedule for Business, Global Studies, and Marine Transportation Preview (Register via this Link)
This is the tentative schedule for Business, Global Studies, and Marine Transportation Preview Day on 10/28/2017 for those interested in international business and logisitics, global studies and maritime affairs, and marine transportation. Students interested in our other majors should investigate our Engineering Preview Day earlier on the same day.
The final version will be handed to you when you arrive for the event.
10:30-11:30 a.m. Registration (Rizza Auditorium Lobby), Coffee/Snacks available for purchase (The Bistro)
11:30-12:00 p.m. Opening Session - School Overview and President's Greeting– Rizza Auditorium
12:00 p.m. Choose Your Activities
· Bunch 12:00-1:15 p.m. – (available for purchase) in the Dining Hall
· Activity Fair until 2:00 p.m. - featuring clubs, campus organizations, and CSUM departments including Admission, Military Options, Campus Life, Student Leadership, Student Health Center, Athletics, Career Center, Disability Resources, until 2:00.
· Residence Hall tours until 2:00 p.m. – last tour begins at 1:30 p.m.
- New Athletics and Aquatics Center tours until 3:00 p.m. - last tour begins at 2:30 p.m.
- The Bookstore until 3:00 p.m. - will be open from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
1:45-2:30 p.m. Major Presentations
· International Business and Logisitics
· Global Studies and Maritime Affairs
· Marine Transportation
2:30-4:00 p.m. Campus Tour (including tour of the Training Ship GOLDEN BEAR*)
4:00-4:45 p.m. Admission & Financial Aid Presentations
*Please note - the GOLDEN BEAR is working ship and an industrial setting. This is why the following ship policies must be enforced for all visitors' safety. Those not meeting the safety standards must stay on the dock during the ship portion of the campus tour.
- The following types of shoes are not allowed on the ship: flip-flops, sandals that are open-toes or open heeled as well as any high heeled shoe. Shoes with rubber soles are recommended.
- Because of steep stairways and high door sills, visitors with limited mobility cannot be accommodated. We want to honor elderly relatives, but those with limited mobility including those who use a cane, walker, wheel chair, or must carry oxygen will be asked to stay on the dock.
- Infants and children under 6 are not allowed aboard. Children from 6 to 12 must be with an adult at all times.