How do I request a campus group tour at Cal Maritime?
- High School & Community College Visitors: Note that group tours will not be available in 2018 from May 2 to September 3. For reservation requests after September 3, complete the form below to request a campus tour with brief information session.
- Middle School Visitors: Note that group tours will not be available in 2018 from May 2 to September 3. For reservation requests after September 3, complete an online Cal Maritime Middle School Campus Tour Guide Request form.
What does a group tour entail?
- The Office of Admission offers tours and information sessions Tuesday through Thursday (except holidays), from 10:15 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Your visit will begin with an informational session in the Office of Admission, followed by a one-hour tour of campus' unique facilities
- Uniformed cadets will escort you through classrooms, laboratories, simulators, and aboard the Training Ship Golden Bear
- Following the tour, you may choose to purchase lunch at the Dining Center on the southwest corner of campus
What times of year can I request a group tour?
- Note that group tours will not be available in 2018 from May 2 to September 3.
- To experience the full educational benefit of a campus tour, please request your visit between the months of mid-September and early April.
- The Training Ship Golden Bear sails between late April and mid-August, and few cadets remain on campus during summer months.
- To ensure a worthwhile tour, check our academic calendar for scheduled holidays and breaks during the academic year.
- Complete the form below and wait for confirmation from the Office of Admission before scheduling your visit.
- The Office of Admission can accomodate up to one group of 50 students per day.
What must I know about boarding the Training Ship Golden Bear?
- To board the Training Ship Golden Bear, campus visitors must comply with all ship and federal regulations and safety policies.
- Please wear closed-toe, preferrably flat-soled footwear. Persons in opened-toe and high-heeled shoes cannot board.
- Visitors with unauthorized footwear or limited mobility and/or below six years of age cannot board the ship.
- To avoid hazards, walk slowly, use handrails in stairwells, and do not press buttons or pull switches.
- All visitors must present at least one form of picture ID (for example, a driver's licence).
What do I do when my group arrives for its tour?
- Buses: Offload visitors at Lot A, next to the Administration Building, and park for free in Lot O at the front entrance of campus.
- Private Vehicles: Park in Lot B or D. Purchase a $5 Daily Parking Permit from a kiosk and display it on your dashboard.
- Meet your cadet tour guides in the Office of Admission, in the northeast corner of the Student Services Building.
- For your convenience, download the Cal Maritime Campus Map or call (707) 654-1330 for directions.