This is the tentative schedule for Engineering Preview Day on 10/27/2018 for those interested in mechanical engineering, marine engineering technology, and facilities engineering technology. Students interested in our other majors should investigate our Preview Day for Business, Global Studies, and Marine Transportation later on the same day.
The final version will be handed to you when you arrive for the event.
7:30-8:30 a.m. Registration (Rizza Auditorium Lobby), Coffee/Continental Breakfast available for purchase (The Bistro)
8:30-9:00 a.m. Welcome Session - School Overview and President's Greeting– Rizza Auditorium
9:00-9:50 a.m. Admission & Financial Aid Presentations
10:00-10:45 a.m. Major Presentations
· Mechanical Engineering
· Facilities Engineering Technology
· Marine Engineering Technology10:45-12:15 p.m. Campus Tour (including tour of the Training Ship GOLDEN BEAR*)
12:15 p.m. Choose Your Activities
· Brunch until 1:15 p.m. – (available for purchase) in the Dining Hall
· Activity Fair until 2:00 p.m. - featuring clubs, campus organizations, and CSUM departments including Admission, Military Options, Campus Life, Student Leadership, Student Health Center, Athletics, Career Center, Disability Resources, until 2:00
· Residence Hall tours until 2:00 p.m. – last tour begins at 1:30 p.m.
- New Athletics and Aquatics Center tours until 3:00 p.m. - last tour begins at 2:30 p.m.
- The Bookstore until 3:00 p.m. - will be open from 10:00 am until 3:00 p.m.
1:45 - 2:30 p.m. (New) Repeated Major Presenation on Marine Engineering Technology and Facilities Engineering Technology
This session has been added for engineers who want the chance to learn about all three of our engineering programs. Those not sure of their choice between Mechanical Engineering and other engineering programs should visit the morning session on Mechanical Engineering and the 1:45 pm session on Marine Engineering Technology and Facilities Engineering Technology.
*Please note - the GOLDEN BEAR is working ship and an industrial setting. This is why the following ship policies must be enforced for all visitors' safety. Those not meeting the safety standards must stay on the dock during the ship portion of the campus tour.
- The following types of shoes are not allowed on the ship: flip-flops, sandals that are open-toes or open heeled as well as any high heeled shoe. Shoes with rubber soles are recommended.
- Because of steep stairways and high door sills, visitors with limited mobility cannot be accommodated. We want to honor elderly relatives, but those with limited mobility including those who use a cane, walker, wheel chair, or must carry oxygen will be asked to stay on the dock.
- Infants and children under 6 are not allowed aboard. Children from 6 to 12 must be with an adult at all times.