Last Updated: 4/29/2020
Grades will be posted by Thursday, April 30 at noon for virtual classes. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Our University Advisors will be available for questions regarding the credit/no credit policy once you have seen your final grades (April 30th). They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can schedule an appointment through the Passport.
The Spring 2020 grading policy for undergraduate courses will be as follows:
- For undergraduate courses, all grades of F will be replaced, by the Registrar, with a grade of No Credit (NC), except for F grades that are the result of Academic Integrity Violations.
- Students may request to switch letter grades in the A, B, and C range to Credit (CR), and D range grades to NC. Students are encouraged to seek guidance from a University Advisor regarding how CR/NC grades can affect their academics. Requests for a grade change must be submitted within four weeks of the day that the final grade is posted. Details regarding the process to request a grade change will be communicated by the Registrar's Office.
- In cases where students are awarded a Report in Progress (RP) or an Incomplete (I), the option for CR/NC will be extended to within four weeks of the final grade being assigned.
- As in any other semester, if a student thinks the assigned grade is in error, the student may follow the procedures for a student-initiated grade change by following the procedures in the relevant policy.
- A transcript notation for all Spring 2020 grades will read: "Courses taken during the COVID-19 pandemic."
- CR grades assigned during Spring 2020 semester will satisfy major and graduation requirements.
- Courses taken CR/NC this semester will not count towards the maximum number of units a student may take CR/NC.
- No student will be academically disqualified unless that decision is the result of an academic integrity violation. Students may be continued on academic probation if they do not meet their academic standing requirements.
- For Spring 2020, students must take at least 9 graded units (instead of 12), excluding CR grades, to qualify for the Dean's List and President's List.
More information can be found on the Registrar's Website: /web/registrar. Information about the request process will be emailed by the Office of the Registrar in the coming week.