Learning Objectives and Career Opportunities
The Department of International Business and Logistics at Cal Maritime is an Educational Member of the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA, and has affirmed its commitment to excellence in business education. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – International Business and Logistics
Business Administration Objectives
Students in the Business Administration program:
- will demonstrate knowledge of core business principles in the areas of Accounting, Business Law, Business Leadership, Economics, Ethics, Finance, Information Management Systems, International Business, Marketing, Management and Quantitative Research Techniques.
- will demonstrate teamwork and leadership skills.
- will demonstrate effective professional communication skills.
- will be able to use technological tools and demonstrate critical thinking and quantitative reasoning skills to make effective and consistent business decisions.
- will demonstrate knowledge of the global business environment and develop intercultural competencies necessary to conduct business in a global context.
Career Opportunities for Majors
The institution enjoys an excellent reputation among employers; graduates of the business program work primarily, but not exclusively, for global businesses and in the logistics and transportation industries. Recent employers of our graduates include Maersk, C.H. Robinson, General Dynamics NASSCO, GlobeRunners, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Divine Intermodal, Enterprise, APL, Tokio Marine Insurance and the Ports of Oakland, Seattle and Tacoma.