Seating and Related Policies for Family and Guests
Military Commissioning at 10:00 am:
- For this small but formal ceremony, family members and guests may sit in any seating section including the section closest to the stage behind the rows reserved for the graduates being commissioned.
Commencement Ceremony at 1:30 pm:
- Reserved Seating Section Under the Tent:
- Seating in the section closest to the stage and graduates requires tickets. A pair of tickets for the reserved section will be distributed to each graduate at Commencement rehearsal on Friday, May 3. Graduates may give those tickets to any family or guests they wish.
- Non-Reserved Seating:
- Under the Tent - There is seating behind the reserved section and along the perimeter of the tent. Pets are not allowed.
- Areas Surrounding the Tent - Seating is provided in areas surrounding the tent. These areas only provide partial shade depending on the exact location. All sides of the tent are open, so those in these sections can see directly to the stage. Pets are not allowed.
- Rizza Auditorium with a Live Video and Audio Feed of the Ceremony - This indoor auditorium, near the tent, provides padded seating and easy access to restrooms. It has proven popular with those who want more comfort and need more ability to leave and return to their seats during the ceremony. Pets are not allowed.
Policies on Seat Saving Before the Ceremony and Standing During the Ceremony
Seat Saving Before the Ceremony
The Commencement Committee has determined the following policy to create the fairest seating situation for the families and guests of graduates. Since the closest seating to the stage is reserved for ticket holders (see Reserved Seating above), it is not necessary to arrive hours before Commencement to save close-in seating.
Standing, or Otherwise Blocking Aisles, Exits, or Wheelchair Spaces During the Ceremony.
Your safety in case of emergency mandates adhering to the seating plan approved by our local Fire Marshall. This plan specifies not only maximum seating, but also minimum aisle and exit dimensions within our total seating perimeter.