Named for former Academy president RADM Joseph P. Rizza, this auditorium is the premiere campus venue for large gatherings. Seating over 500 guests, the auditorium can host musical and theatrical productions, multimedia lectures, film screenings, formal ceremonies, and more.
A fitting entrance to this grand space, the Rizza Auditorium lobby can be used for receptions, guest registration, and even as a small dining, dancing, or conference venue on its own.
Please note: food and drink are not permitted in the main hall, but may be enjoyed in the lobby.
Rizza Auditorium accommodates 501 guests in 17 rows. Each seat has a cushioned seat and back. The seating is distributed in three main areas:
- Main Seating Area
The main seating area provides 305 seats, and expands from 26 seats in row A to 35 seats in row J. Wheelchairs may be accommodated behind the last row of seats.
- Rear Seating Area
The rear seating areas (2) provide 98 seats each, and include 14 seats in all rows (K through Q). The areas should be distinguished by using a -R (north) or -L (south) suffix on ticket numbers.
Update: As of May 2012, row Q-South is unavailable. The current seating capacity is 491.
- 1 x 24/4 XLR drop to down stage right
- 1 x 8/4 XLR/TRS crossover from down stage left to down stage right
- 1 x lapel wireless microphone
- 2 x wireless microphones
- CD, MP3 music playback
- Assistive listening devices available
- Live Stream audio from web
- 5.1 surround processing
- Wired connection from stage sources (VGA)
- Wired connection from control room (VGA, HDMI, Component)
- Digital HD Projection - Epson PowerLite
- DVD/Blu-ray video playback
- Three main screens:
- 16' x 16' Manual, at proscenium
- 12' x 9' Motorized, 8' upstage of proscenium. Stage and booth controls.
- 25' x 18' Fixed projection wall/cyc
- Event simulcast on web
- Wireless Internet Connectivity Capable