IT Help Desk
The IT Help Desk at Cal Maritime is open to all students, faculty, and staff. It provides assistance with all University-owned computer and software, and also assists with network-related issues and the use of computer-related technology.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (707) 654-1048
The Help Desk is located in the Classroom Building, Room 106.
The following Help Desk support schedule applies during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Monday-Friday: IT provides support between 8:00 AM and 5:30 PM. The Help Desk is located in the Classroom Building, Room 106.
- Non-business hours: Emergency IT support is available during non-business hours. To request IT support during these times, contact IT Help Desk for EMERGENCIES ONLY at x1048 (707-654-1048 from off-campus). What constitutes an IT-related emergency? An IT emergency consists of a complete, campus-wide outage of IT systems and services, including (but not limited to):
- Complete outage of ALL email
- Complete outage of file server access (e.g., Z drive and other shared drives)
- Complete outage of Brightspace/Moodle (e.g., people cannot logon to either)
- Complete outage of Web portal site access
How to Report a Problem
Submit a request to the Help Desk:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will automatically be entered into the Help Desk ticketing system and you will receive confirmation via email.
For information on how to report IT emergencies during non-business hours, see the section above entitled "Support Schedule."
Audiovisual Equipment in Classrooms and Labs
Support is provided by the Audio/Visual team, part of the IT Department. Audio/visual support for classrooms is one of their top priorities.
To report audio/visual equipment problems, please contact:
- Royster Martin at 654-1261 (or email: email@example.com)
- Ja'Mar Walker at 651-1264 (or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
They can also be reach on the A/V cell: 319-8270, or by submitting a request through to the IT Help Desk.