Office 365 provides several great services hosted by Microsoft in their highly secure and redundant data center. The initial services being rolled out to Cal Maritime are:
· Exchange Online: this is the same as our Exchange service but it is hosted by Microsoft in the cloud. It complies with the strictest industry standards for security, high availability, and backup/recovery of services. Plus you get 50 GB for email storage.
· MS Office: With our subscription to Office 365 you are eligible to download and use up to 5 copies of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) on your personally owned computing devices. Do not install your download licenses on your Cal Maritime owned computer as that is already provided and maintain by IT.
1. Click one of the Email icon in the left Corner within myCalMaritime and re-enter your AD credentials if prompted again.
2. From Outlook pre-configured on your work computer
4. Sign in to the Office 365 Portal directly using your Cal Maritime email address and network password
Download and install Office-365 and Setup Email for iPhone, Android, Windows, and MAC
Additional Email support is available here (OWA Quick Start Guide)
Additional Office-365 support is available here (O-365 training, videos, and tutorials)
Setup Office 365 on:
OWA Migration tools
O-365 –One Drive FAQ
Top Issue #1 – I can't get my smartphone to sync to my university email account
First you need to remove/delete your existing Cal Maritime university Exchange email profile on your phone
Top Issue #2 – Always log out when you are done with your Office 365 session!
Top Issue #3 – Do NOT reset your password using Office 365 Password Reset Link within Office 365
Your log in account is based on the AD and myCalMaritime account at from the home page. If you need to change/recover your password use the Password Reset Tool at:
Top Issue #4 – Accessing your email from the Office 365 portal or from myCalMaritime portal.
If you just need to access your email go to https://portal.office.com click on the Mail icon shown below or go to the myCalMaritime portal & click on icon. Only click on "Install Office on your PC" if you want to download your free version of MS Office for your home PC.
1. If you use MS Outlook installed on your desktop
a. Change will be minimal and you may not even notice a difference
b. You will not lose any email (all email is migrated to Office 365)
c. Your Personal Folders or Archive Folders will not change and will still be available from Outlook just as they are today
d. You will be prompted to exit Outlook and log back in again (after your email migration is completed). You may be asked to login again and you should do so.
2. If you use Outlook WEB Application (OWA)
a. The Email icon in myCalMaritime will redirect you to the Office 365 Portal to access Outlook Online
3. If you use Active Sync from your SmartPhone
a. Most phones simply continue to sync with your Exchange Email after it is migrated to Exchange in Office 365
b. Some phones may require you to re-setup your smartphone email profile. Click here for details!
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the IT Help Desk at (707) 654-1048.