Office 365 provides several great services hosted by Microsoft in their highly secure and redundant data center. The services include:
· Exchange Online: this is the same as previous on-campus Exchange service but it is hosted by Microsoft in the cloud. It complies with the strictest industry standards for security, high availability, and backup/recovery of services. Plus you get 50 GB for email storage.
· MS Office: with our subscription to Office 365 you are eligible to download and use up to 5 copies of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) on your personally-owned computing devices. Do not install your download licenses on your Cal Maritime owned computer as that is already provided and maintained by IT.
1. Click on the Office 365 Email link in the left navigation window once you've logged into myCalMaritime
2. From Outlook pre-configured on your work computer
4. Sign in to the Office 365 Portal directly using your Cal Maritime email address and password
Download and install Office 365 and Setup Email for iPhone, Android, Windows, and Mac
Additional Email support is available: OWA Quick Start Guide
Additional Office 365 support is available: Offoce 365 training, videos, and tutorials
Setup Office 365 on:
Office 365 Documentation
Office 365 One Drive FAQ
Top Issue #1 – I can't get my smartphone to sync to my university email account
First you need to remove/delete your existing Cal Maritime university Exchange email profile on your phone
Top Issue #2 – Always log out when you are done with your Office 365 session!
Top Issue #3 – Do NOT reset your password using Office 365 Password Reset Link within Office 365
Your log in account is based on the Active Directory (AD) and myCalMaritime account from the home page. If you need to change/recover your password use the Password Reset Tool.
Top Issue #4 – Accessing your email from the Office 365 portal or from myCalMaritime portal
If you just need to access your email go to https://portal.office.com click on Outlook; or log into the myCalMaritime portal and click on Office 365 Mail.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the IT Help Desk at (707) 654-1048.