AFLAC Critical Illness Insurance
The group critical illness insurance plan is offered by AFLAC. The plan provides a lump-sum payment to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses and costs following the diagnosis of a covered critical illness.
- For More Information, visit Aflac.
- Eligible employees must enroll in the plan(s) within 60 calendar days of employment (or re-employment, if there has been a break of service of more than 30 calendar days) for guaranteed issue coverage of up to $20,000 for themselves and $10,000 for their spouse or registered domestic partner.
- If elected more than 60 days from employment, enrollee will be subject to evidence of insurability.
- Premiums are based on the amount of insurance requested and the covered individual's age when enrolling.
- You and/or your partner must be enrolled in a health insurance plan and be between the ages of 18 – 64 in order to enroll in this plan.
- The plan provides a cash benefit for specified health screenings.
- After a waiting period, a lump-sum benefit is payable upon initial diagnosis of covered illness, including: cancer, heart attack, stroke, major organ transplant, end-stage renal failure.
- If there is a discrepancy between this information and the official plan documents and contracts, the official documents will always govern.
- Visit Aflac
- Click on the "How to Apply" link.
How to File a Claim
- Visit Aflac under "Support" tab you will find a link "How to File a Claim"; or
- Contact AFLAC at 800-992-3522.