CSU Benefits Open Enrollment
September 11, 2017 to October 6, 2017
Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to evaluate and make necessary changes to your benefit programs. It is an opportune time to view health costs and plan changes and decide what best fits your needs. If you do nothing, your medical, dental, and vision enrollment will continue into the 2018 plan year.
What you need to know
- Plan rates are determined by CalPERS. Most health plan premiums have decreased (or remained at $0) for 2018, with an average of 51% decrease in premium costs!
- If you do nothing, your medical, dental and vision enrollment will continue into the 2018 plan year.
- Any changes made during Open Enrollment will become effective January 1, 2018.
Health Plan Changes for 2018
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) Premier: The CSU is now offering a choice of two vision plans. The VSP Basic Plan is still provided at no cost to you. Or, if you choose, you can upgrade to the VSP Premier Plan for a small monthly cost. The VSP Premier Plan allows higher allowances for frames and contacts every calendar year. To enroll in the Premier Plan, contact VSP at 800.400.4569 or visit csuactives.vspforme.com.
- Anthem Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) for Monterey County is no longer offered in 2018. If you are enrolled in the EPO in Monterey County, use the CalPERS Health Plan Search by ZIP code to view/choose health plans available in your area. If you do not make a change during Open Enrollment, you and your enrolled family members will be moved into the Anthem Blue Cross Select HMO health plan.
- Western Health Advantage (WHA) is a new Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan offered in the Bay Area, Sacramento and other Northern regions.
- All employees who currently use the ASIFlex Benny Master Card for the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) will be issued the new ASIFlex Visa Debit Card in January 2018.
To request any Open Enrollment changes, please submit the Benefits Enrollment Change Form and the Declaration of Health Coverage - HBD-12A, along with any supporting documents, to the Department of Human Resources. Benefits Open Enrollment Forms can only be accepted between Monday, September 11, 2017 and Friday, October 6, 2017. All Changes requested become effective January 1, 2018. If you do nothing, your medical, dental, and vision enrollment will continue into the 2018 plan year. \
Important Health Enrollment Reminders
- You will receive new health plan ID cards if you change your health plan or enroll for the first time.
- If you change plans during Open Enrollment and you don't see the correct deduction applied by your February pay warrant, contact your campus benefits office.
- If you change health plans, do not continue to use your previous health plan after December 31, 2017.
The Chancellor's Office is the benefits administrator for all retiree benefits. During Open Enrollment and throughout the year, CSU retirees can access health, dental, and vision information online by going to http://csuretirees.calstate.edu/. Questions should be directed to CSU Systemwide Benefits office at 562.951.4411.