A Campus of the California State University


Web Content Display Web Content Display

Health Savings Accounts

Flexible Spending Accounts – With a Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) and/or Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) you set aside a portion of your pay on a pre-tax basis to reimburse yourself for eligible expenses.

Employees are required to enroll/re-enroll annually during the open enrollment period. Please use the form found at DCRA/HCRA Enrollment Form 2014 Plan Year for 2014 enrollment.

For Calendar Year 2014, the maximum annual contribution for HCRA is $2,500 and remains at $5,000 for DCRA. Employees can adjust their annual election to include the Debit Card fee as long as they do not exceed the monthly maximum election amount of $208.33.


·         Flexible Spending Account Debit Card for HCRA Enrollees - The optional “FSA Benny Card” issued by ASIFlex, allows enrollees to pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses (i.e., health, dental, vision, etc.) as payment at Health Care Providers and at certain retail locations. The $1.00 per month Debit Card administrative fee will be deducted from the participant’s first HCRA contribution as a lump sum ($12.00 or a proration for enrollments after January 2014). 

  •  For more information about the debit card and an application for the “FSA Benny Card”, please visit the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal at: www.calstate.edu/hr/benefitsportal/.
  • Beginning in 2014, if you wish to appeal a rejected HCRA and/or DCRA claim reimbursement, it must be filed within 60 days from the date the rejection was communicated by ASIFlex.