Desktop and Web-Based Tools
- Audacity PodCast Creator
- Lecshare Pro
- Google Apps
- YouTube as a Educational Video Repository
YouTube can be a repository for your videos to share in Moodle or on your personal Website. Just upload your video to Youtube and place the URL as a link within your Moodle course.
If you don't want your video show to the rest of the Web, but just to your students, you can make it Private or Unlisted within Youtube.
- Private -users must have a YouTube or Google account to view it. You can only give the URL to 50 users
- Unlisted- anyone you give the URL to can view it. The video does not show up in search engines. There are no user limits
Youtube and Learning
Google Docs is a powerful and free online storage and collaboration suite of tools. The power of Google Docs is demonstrated in this short video here
You can use it to quickly share and collaborate on items in real time. You can upload Microsoft Office documents as well as PDFs and images which you can view online or convert to the Google Docs format to edit.
The Google Docs suite of products consists of
- Documents -an online word processor
- Spreadsheets -an online spreadsheet tool
- Presentations- similar to Microsoft PowerPoint
- Forms- online form tool used to collect input and store data
- Drawings -online drawing board
In order to use Google Docs, you will need a Google account.
Google Docs Tutorials and Guides
How to create, edit, and share a document.
|Google Docs: Share and Collaborate|
Sharing and Collaborating on Documents
How to access, create, edit, and share a spreadsheet.
How to access, create, edit, and share a presentation.
|Google Drive basics|
An overview of the new Google Drive list for organizing, finding, and sharing documents and files of any type.