Turnitin is a comprehensive plagiarism prevention system that lets instructors quickly and effectively check a students work. Cal Maritime instructor have access to the Turnitin Originality module which compares student work to online sources and generates an orginality report.
- If you have never used Turnitin before, you must first create a Turnitin instructor account by first loggining in to the Turnitin account with the intial join credentials. These credentials are documented in the Instructor Join Login txt file.
Note: you must sign in to the www.csum.edu website to access the file.
If you already have an intructor account, please sign in and go to step 2 of the Instructor Getting Started Guide
- Download the Instructor quickstart guide here. This document will outline how to
- create a turnitin account
- set up a class and assigment
- submit a paper
- view an orginality report
- To find out more about specific Turnitin Instructor functionality, please see the Turnitin Help Center Instructor Articles and Getting Started Instructor Videos
- As a student you must first create a turnitin account to access any assignments created by your instructor. Go to the Turnitin.com webpage and select Create Account at the top right side of the screen.
If you already have an account from a previous course or semester, your can still used this account. If you forgot your password, click the Retrieve Password account link
- Once you have created an account please download the Student Quickstart Guide here
- To find out more information on Turnitin Student functionality, please see the Student Help Center Articles and the Getting Started Student Videos