Friday, February 22nd, 2013
12 - 1:00 Registration - Rizza Lobby (Campus Map)
1:00 - 2:30 Pre-conference workshops:
Gabriel - Light Their Fires: Increasing Motivation and Engagement of Struggling Students (Rizza Aud.)
CLOSED Gorzycki - High-Impact Writing: Improving the Metacognition of Prose Composition (ABS 102)
2:45 - 5:00 Tours: The Training Ship Golden Bear - Tours will be 30 minutes each, limited to 10 per group.
Tours groups will report to the Simulation Building Lobby to depart for the ship.
Click here to sign up for a ship tour.
5:00 - 7:00 Wine and Cheese Welcoming Mixer - Simulation Building Lobby
Simulator Demonstration Available
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013
8:30 - 9:30 Registration, Continental Breakfast and Poster Session - Rizza Lobby and Rizza Auditorium.
Special Poster Session: High Impact Practices - Undergraduate Research, Service Learning, Citizenship,
and Community Engagement, and Other Proven Strategies
9:45 - 4:15 Concurrent Sessions (see schedule for room assignments)
Concurrent Session Tracks
- Deep Learning & Reflection - Deep Learning for an Increasingly Complex, and Interrelated World
- Authentic and Connected Learning - Literacies Gained through Interaction in the Classroom and Beyond
- Civic Engagement and Interdisciplinarity - Increased Learning through Greater Student Engagement
- Teaching with Technology - Best Practices in the Adoption and Use of Instructional Tools and Technologies
- Wild Card: Other Practices With Promise