Strategic Sealift Officer Program (Formerly Merchant Marine Reserve)
Strategic Sealift Officer Program
Detachment 71 /
U.S. Navy Reserve Program
Become a part of America's "Fourth Arm of Defense:" The Merchant Marine
In an era of global trade and increased inter-dependency, Strategic Sealift Officers are on the forefront of a modern-day democracy, ensuring the free flow of goods vital to our national security.
About the SSOP Detachment 71
- Our mission is to develop mentally, morally, and physical fit officers imbued with the highest ideals of duty and loyalty for service in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
- The SSOP is one of the most active groups on the Cal Maritime Campus.
- The Unit consists of, on average, 45 highly motivated midshipmen that exude honor, courage and commitment.
- Midshipmen frequently participate within the community through volunteer work and through the Unit's highly respected color guard.
- SSO Midshipmen set the standard for all cadets on campus and are leaders not only within the Unit but within the entire campus community.
To schedule an officer interview or for questions regarding the SSOP please contact Ms. Antonia Vasquez at 707-654-1266 or email@example.com .