Research and Innovation Office
Welcome to the Research and Innovation Office (RIO)
The Research and Innovation Office (RIO) is the hub for research, scholarship, and innovation opportunities at Cal Maritime. RIO has central responsibility for proposal submission and award management for all sponsored research, grants, contracts, and programs at Cal Maritime.
We offer a wide array of services to the Cal Maritime research community, including:
- Provide electronic access to funding source
- Review, approve, and submit proposals to external sources
- Offer technical support for creation of electronic proposals
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with government regulations
- Negotiate and accept awards on behalf of the University from external sponsors
- Establish sponsored accounts within the University's financial system
- Provide support to principal investigators in managing their awards
- Establish subrecipient agreements and assist in managing subawards
- Coordinate the award closeout process
RIO welcomes the opportunity to discuss research opportunities with faculty and staff. If you would like to learn more or if you have any questions please feel free to contact RIO at firstname.lastname@example.org.