The Cal Maritime Makerspace is a resource for making ideas a reality. By providing a range of tools, workspaces, and workshops, we strive to encourage creativity, collaboration, and endless learning. We hope to support a community of learners, innovators, designers, and collaborators.
The Makerspace is equipped for a wide variety of skills and projects, including (but certainly not limited to) sewing, 3D printing, and soldering and open to the Cal Maritime campus community, including students, staff, and faculty. It is free to use and attend workshops! If you'd like to host your own specific workshop, please let us know.
Check out our calendar to learn about our open hours and workshops.
There are so many great ideas and projects out there; we are here to help you make them come to life.
Photo taken by Joseph Tajnai on a Sony α6000 camera hacked with 3D printed parts
- Indoor capacity is limited to 4 people at a time, though, when weather allows, tables can be rolled outside to the patio to accommodate more people.
- Open hours Monday - Thursday will prioritize students working on class/academic projects. Fridays are open to personal project work!
- Masks are required. Wash hands upon entering and exiting the space. Sanitize tools before and after use, and return them to the tool drop box (marked inside the space) for additional cleaning.
- Tool trainings will be arranged through faculty (for class projects) or through Erin Cole directly.
- Stay up to date with us! Follow us on Instagram @calmaritimemakerspace and check out our YouTube channel.
Erin Cole, Technician
Engineering Technology Center 108
Days & Times
Monday 9-11 AM, 1-5 PM
Tuesday 9-11 AM, 1-3 PM
Wednesday 9-11 AM, 1-5 PM
Thursday 9-11 AM, 1-3 PM
Friday 9-11 AM, 1-5 PM