- Daily COVID-19 Symptom Check
- Event Proposal Form
Guest Campus Access Approval Process:
- Please submit with as much advanced notice as possible.
- Any employee who requires a guest (e.g., visitor, vendor, donor, etc.) to visit the campus is required to complete this process. This process excludes deliveries.
- You will be required to obtain appropriate administrative approval to complete the process.
- COVID-19 FAQs
- COVID-19 Prevention Plan
Last Updated: 2/24/21
Cal Maritime is closely assessing and monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic alongside public health and state and local officials. We are committed to the health and safety of our campus community as our top priority. We are also committed to sustaining the academic mission of Cal Maritime.
We will share important updates with you on this webpage as the situation inevitably changes. Thank you for doing your part to keep Cal Maritime safe and moving ahead.
Status: Campus is open to cadets, faculty, and staff who are authorized to return to campus for the spring semester. The campus will be restricted to all other personnel in order to accommodate this institutional programming. All cadets, faculty, and staff who are authorized to return to campus will follow Health & Safety protocols in previous instructional phases for: Daily Screening, Face Covering, Social Distancing, and Proper Hygiene.
- February 11, 2021: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- February 04, 2021: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- January 21, 2021: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- January 14, 2021: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- December 17, 2020: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- November 19, 2020: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- November 5, 2020: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- October 29, 2020: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- October 22, 2020: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- October 15, 2020: EHS COVID-19 Meeting
- February 24, 2021: COVID-19 Update
- February 17, 2021: COVID-19 Update
- February 3, 2021: COVID-19 Update
- January 27, 2021: COVID-19 Update
- January 20, 2021: COVID-19 Update
- December 16, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- December 10, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- December 3, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- November 24, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- November 18, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- November 15, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- November 4, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- October 28, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- October 21, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- October 14, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- October 7, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- October 1, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- September 24, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- September 9, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- September 2, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- July 28, 2020: President's Message - Fall 2020
- July 24, 2020: Health & Safety Enforcement Protocols
- July 21, 2020: Fall 2020 Plan Update
- July 20, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- July 15, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- July 7, 2020: COVID-19 Campus Update
- June 8, 2020: F2F Instruction Update
- May 15, 2020: President's Message - Planning for Fall 2020
- May 13, 2020: Updates for Cadets
- May 11, 2020: Campus Access
- May 5, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- April 29, 2020: Updates for Cadets
- April 28, 2020: Chancellor's Message to CSU Employees
- April 27, 2020: Housing & Dining Refund
- April 27, 2020: Housing Update
- April 27, 2020: CARES Act Direct Deposit
- April 27, 2020: CARES Act
- April 24, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- April 20, 2020: Residence Hall Move Out Information & Process
- April 20, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- April 17, 2020 President Cropper Video
- April 2, 2020: Deans Neto and Maier on Commercial Cruise
- April 1, 2020 President Cropper Video
- March 31, 2020: Spring Break
- March 24, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- March 20, 2020: Remote Learning
- March 19, 2020: Academic Calendar
- March 18, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- March 18, 2020 President Cropper Video
- March 17, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- March 16, 2020: Cadet Travel
- March 13, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- March 10, 2020: COVID-19 Update
- March 3, 2020: Health, Wellness, & Prevention
- January 27, 2020: Health Advisory
- Fall 2020 Campus Plan
- Health and Safety Plan for Face to Face Instruction, Phase 3
- Health and Safety Plan for Phase 2: Dockside Steaming: July 1 – July 21
- June 18, 2020: Updated guidance on the wearing of face masks (PDF)
- Health and Safety Plan For Resumption of Instructional Operations, Phase 1
- Phase 1 Return to Campus Forms
- Commencement Recommendations
- COVID-19 Working Group Recommendations to Return to Campus
- Recommendation on Summer Cruise
- Cadet Survey Results (from TRIAD)
- April 27: Training Cruise Minutes
Cadets: visit the Student Health Center webpage for more information.
Faculty or staff: DO NOT come to campus. Inform your appropriate administrator. Contact your health provider or contact the Solano County COVID-19 Warmline for advice at (707) 784-8988.
If you suspect you are infected or have been exposed to COVID-19, follow the steps from the CDC Guidelines to prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home or community.
If you were on campus up to two days prior to feeling symptoms or receiving a positive COVID test, immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-486-1360.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Information
California State University, Maritime Academy has signed and returned to the Department of Education, the Certification and Agreement as instructed by the United States Secretary of Education to receive funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Cares Act. We have used no less than 50% of the funds received to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to our students related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.
Pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students, CSU Maritime Academy has received $488,879 from the Department of Education.
CSU Maritime Academy based its grant policy on the 872 students who were enrolled full time during the Spring 2020 term at the time of CSU Enrollment Census. Students must be admitted to a degree program and be full time. We do not offer any undergraduate programs through on-line learning. All degree programs are offered “On-ground.” There were two funding processes. The first was based on students who were identified are US citizens or U.S Permanent Residents at the time of Admission. All students including those who did not file a 2019-2020 FAFSA were awarded a block grant of $200 to help with their expenses. There were 872 number of students who fit these criteria and the total amount expended was $174,400.
The remaining amount of CARES Act funds, $314,479 and was awarded to students based on financial need as determined need through the 2019-2020 FAFSA and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is the following: Students who have submitted the 2019-2020 FAFSA application by the first week of March, 2020 who were eligible to receive Title IV funding under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 with the exception of those students who were enrolled only in Online Courses, per the directive of the United States Secretary of Education were automatically considered to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grant. The remaining funding were determined by using the California Resident Cost of Attendance minus students’ Expected Financial Contribution (EFC) derived from their 2019-2020 FAFSA with equaled “Need”. Grants in addition to the $200 allocation noted above varied based on the need ranging from $14 to $1,159 with an average grant amount of $885 for the 355 qualifying students.
All funds received for Emergency Financial Aid Grants for students have been disbursed as of April 30, 2020. Those students who were eligible received the CARES Act Emergency funds either directly in their bank account or via check to their address on file. Students were notified via email about the CARES Act grants.
- Updated Guidance from Governor's Public Health Office on Wearing of Face Coverings (June 18, 2020)
- CDC Considerations for Institutions of Higher Education
- Secretary DeVos Suspends Federal Student Loan Payments, Waives Interest During National Emergency
- Cal Maritime Student Health Services
- CDC COVID-19 General Information
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- Solano County Dept. of Health Updates
- CDC Current Situation Summary
- CSU Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak