Improve your research, reading, study and writing skills with confidence! Cal Maritime has made Read & Write (RW) software for Windows and Mac available to all students. Get access to assistance with effective reading, study strategies, and writing anytime and anywhere.
Downloading the application is as easy as going to the website: https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/read-write/
Click on the following option:
Read&Write lets everyone read, write and express themselves more confidently.
From hearing emails or documents read out loud to text prediction, picture dictionaries and summary highlighters, Read&Write makes lots of everyday literacy tasks simpler, quicker and more accurate.
Follow the instructions of the installer before installing. Once completed, start the application and sign in with your school email and you will immediately be given access to the full selection of features.
- Ability to read any digital text aloud
- Research and studying tools that assist with finding, collecting, and citing sources
- Tools to easily turn text into audio files so students can listen while on the go
- Writing supports that assist with each stage of the writing process
- Video links from the toolbar for each feature to make training and support easier
- More information on Read and Write Gold will be available soon
- Word prediction
- Google Docs
- Electronic Publications (Kindle, Nook etc.)
- Kes files
- Macs (OSx)
- PCs (Windows XP, 7, 8)
- Tablets (iOS, Android)
- Chromebooks (ChromOs)
RW is a customizable toolbar with interactive tools to help you with reading and understanding your textbooks, studying course materials and writing papers. Find the tools for you!
How to Make Accessible Learning (video)