As the most visible and most comprehensive public representation of California State University (CSU) Maritime Academy, the website at www.csum.edu is the keystone piece of the University's public identity. Maintaining www.csum.edu as a high-quality website is of paramount importance for every department on campus.
As a content contributor, you will maintain content for your department and thus play an important role in helping us provide the public with an engaging, articulate, accessible and accurate website. Our Omni CMS resources below will provide you with the knowledge and tools required to properly maintain your department's webpages.
Cal Maritime uses Omni CMS as its content management system for department and organization websites. The look and feel of the website, its inner workings, and accessibility features are managed by the Office of Public Affairs and Strategic Communications (PASC), and the content of Cal Maritime's departmental webpages is maintained by departmental web content editors who are responsible for providing accurate and up-to-date information to the public that articulates a positive public image of Cal Maritime that will inspire support, and attract potential cadets and donors.
The following training workshops will provide you with the resources and tools you need to edit and publish webpages on www.csum.edu. Additionally, branding resources and best practices for writing content for both print and digital publication must be followed at all times in an effort to communicate in a clear and consistent way when writing for the campus audience or Cal Maritime community.
Omni Training Workshops:
- Monthly Webcasts: Omni CMS' training team provides two recurring webcasts, open to any Omni CMS user, teaching you about the CMS and how to use it
- Omni Training Videos: A basic guide to using Omni CMS to create and edit pages and web content on our website
- Content Editor Tutorials: These tutorials focus on content editor processes in OU Campus including editing pages creating new content, and uploading files
- Website Editing: How-to Videos: Step-by-step guides to building, editing, and updating Cal Maritime webpages created by PASC staff
Need Help or Have Questions?
- Visit Modern Campus Support for answers to common troubleshooting questions
- For additional help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an IT Helpdesk ticket at email@example.com