Admission Decision Appeal Process
Admission Appeal Process and Form
Applicants denied admission to Cal Maritime who wish to appeal this admission decision must compose a short letter detailing the reason(s) for the appeal. All appeals must include documentation related to the extraordinary circumstances to be considered for the appeal. Proof must be provided that the established admission criteria for the type of admission (freshman or transfer) and all deadlines have been met.
- There is a limit of one appeal per application per academic term.
- The appeal must be received no later than two weeks from date of the admission decision notification was sent to you.
- Appeal letters must be submitted by applicant. Appeal letters written by anyone other than the applicant will not be considered.
- Letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- Prepare your appeal letter or statement in an electronic document before launching the online appeal form.
- If you wish to submit evidence needed to support your position, please do so via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the term "Last Name, First Name Admission Appeal Evidence".
Decisions on Appeals
Applicants submitting appeals will be notified of the decision within three weeks of receipt of the appeal (in most cases) via the personal e-mail address listed in the student's official record.
Appeal applicants are advised to explore other college options or other educational pursuits while waiting for the appeal decision.
Decisions rendered by the Admission Appeals Committee are final and non-negotiable.
Enrollment Denied or Canceled Due to Missed Deadlines (such as)
- Final high school or college transcript deadline
- Late acceptance of offer after program has filled
- Submitting the housing agreement or request for housing waiver
- Submitting required health information