Students Seeking a Second Bachelor's Degree
click here to apply for admission via Cal State Apply
"What is the next available entry term?"
- Spring 2024 (apply from August 1 through August 31, 2023) for the following majors:
- Business Administration - International Business & Logistics
- Global Studies and Maritime Affairs
- Fall 2023 is still accepting applications for all majors.
"How can I apply?"
Apply online at www.calstate.edu/apply. There is a $70.00 application fee required when you submit the online application. You must also sent official transcripts from all colleges you've attended.
- Cal Maritime accepts academically qualified students seeking a second Bachelors Degree
- 31% of the entering class are transfer students.
- 5% of the entering transfer students already have a bachelor's degree.
- Any major requiring completion of a U.S. Coast Guard License for graduation requires four-years of study at Cal Maritime (within their intended major) to graduate even if the student has completed a bachelor's degree and/or has many transfer units. This is due to the specialized nature of coursework at Cal Maritime.
"Define 'second-degree student.'"
An applicant who has already completed at least one bachelor's degree.
"What items are required for your office to make an admission decision?"
A completed online application, the $70.00 application fee, and all official college transcripts.
2nd bachelor's degree admission requirements
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Are in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Earned a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted or earned an overall 2.50 GPA in all college units attempted.
Cal Maritime Admission Office
200 Maritime Academy Drive
Vallejo, CA 94590
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm