Students Seeking a Second Bachelor's Degree
"What is the next available entry term?"
- Spring 2024 (apply from August 1 through September 30, 2023) for the following majors:
- Business Administration - International Business & Logistics
- International Strategy and Security
- Fall 2024 application cycle will open October 1, 2023
"How can I apply?"
Apply online at www.calstate.edu/apply. There is a $70.00 application fee required when you submit the online application. You must also sent official transcripts from all colleges you've attended.
- Cal Maritime accepts academically qualified students seeking a second Bachelors Degree
- 31% of the entering class are transfer students.
- 5% of the entering transfer students already have a bachelor's degree.
- Any major requiring completion of a U.S. Coast Guard License for graduation requires four-years of study at Cal Maritime (within their intended major) to graduate even if the student has completed a bachelor's degree and/or has many transfer units. This is due to the specialized nature of coursework at Cal Maritime.
"Define 'second-degree student.'"
An applicant who has already completed at least one bachelor's degree.
"What items are required for your office to make an admission decision?"
A completed online application, the $70.00 application fee, and all official college transcripts.
2nd bachelor's degree admission requirements
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Are in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Earned a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted or earned an overall 2.50 GPA in all college units attempted.