Cal Maritime is now open to all prospective students for in-person campus tours (by appointment only). We continue to offer virtual versions of campus tours and admission information sessions until campus pandemic policies allow all visitors back on our campus.
& Admissions Presentations
We are now open for in-person, campus tours to all prospective students M-F at 11am and 2:30 pm. Please note, our tours will be by appointment and led by cadets. We ask that these requests by made at least three business days in advance. Professional staff members will be available by phone or zoom, but may not be available in-person during the scheduled tour.
We are operating under reduced hours for the month of September and will only have 11am tours avaliable Thursdays and Fridays. We apologize for any inconvienience this may cause.
- Upon arrival, confirmed visitors are asked to park in Lot "A" (www.csum.edu/map) in the Admission spaces near the iron gate where they will meet their tour guide and receive their parking pass. Early arrivers can drive around the campus or wait near their car. Restrooms are available in Rizza Auditorium. Please do not enter any other buildings before meeting the tour guide. Call 707-654-1330 if there is any issue.
- Most of the tour will be outdoors while walking around. The guided portion will be in the campus core, but there are also campus vistas and our Athletics Center to which visitors can drive.
- While residence halls will be visible during the tour, it is not possible to tour through a residence hall or individual room
- The Training Ship Golden Bear is not included on the campus tour at this time.
- All tour members must remain masked at all times and maintain social distance while on campus. Each tour member must verify being without COVID-19 symptons and no exposure to anyone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks via a web questionnaire the day of the tour.
- We are limiting family tour groups to four people including the admitted student and ask that all tour members are at least age 6 and up.
- Virtual Visits are by appointment and are 30 to 60 minutes and occur M-F at 3pm and 6pm and include a presentation about Cal Maritime and online tour
- Please make reservations at least two days in advance
- After your reservation is received and confirmed, you will receive a Zoom link for your Virtual Visit with an admission counselor
- Virtual Visits are by appointment and are 30 to 60 minutes and occur M-F at 9am and 3pm and include a presentation about Cal Maritime and online tour. Other times of day can be requested.
- Please make reservations at least one week in advance
- After your reservation is received and confirmed, you will receive a Zoom link for your school's Virtual Visit with an admission counselor
You can use the links above to schedule an in-person, cadet-led tour (currently admitted students only) or Zoom admission information session with an admission counselor. Zoom sessions may include other participants. Topics in the presentation include our school's unique and successful educational style, our seven majors, campus life, admission requirements, costs & financial aid, and our students' high levels of success upon graduation.
CLICK, CHAT, CONNECT
Click, Chat, Connect sessions are opportunities for students and families to learn more information about special topics, interact with current cadets (students) and hear from Admissions Staff. Held bi-weekly via Zoom, everyone is welcome to participate. All you need to do is click the following link to join the session: https://csum.zoom.us/j/86053513936
|Recording of Zoom Session from Thur., Feb. 11 at 4pm||Strategic Sealift Officer Program (Navy Reserves) for sea-going majors|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Tues., Feb. 23 at 4pm||Participation Pit-Stop, Check out the Makerspace and Library|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Thur., Feb. 25 at 4pm||Womxn @ Cal Maritime|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Tues., Mar. 9 at 4pm||Student Governmet & Community Engagement/Service|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Thur., Mar. 11 at 4pm||Housing and Residential Life|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Tues., Mar. 23 at 4pm||Career Services at Cal Maritime|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Thur., Mar. 25 at 4pm||CAPS: Counseling and Psychological Services|
Athletics and Recreation: Session 1
|Recording of Zoom Session from Thur, Apr. 8 at 4pm||The Corps of Cadets|
|Tues., Apr. 27 at 4pm||Athletics and Recreation: Session 2|
|Thur., Apr. 29 at 4pm||Campus Live Tour|
FINANCIAL AID FRIDAYS
Financial Aid Friday sessions were opportunities for students and families to ask questions directly to the staff of Cal Maritime's Financial Aid Office. Use the link below to select any of the financial aid topics and view the zoom recordings.
|Recording of Zoom Session from Friday, Feb. 5 at 4pm||Award Letters & the FAFSA|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Friday, Feb. 19 at 4pm||Verification Process|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Friday, Mar. 5 at 4pm||Income Appeals|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Friday, Mar. 19 at 4pm||Scholarships|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Friday, Apr. 2 at 4pm||Loans|
|Saturday, Apr. 17 time TBD||Financial Aid Session at Cal Maritime Week. (See Cal Maritime Week below)|
CAL MARITIME WEEK
(Virtual Spring Event) for Future Students - April 17-22, 2021
Cal Maritime Week is an online open-house consisting of a series of specific Zoom sessions for future students and families.
Virtual Tour Videos We Recommend
- Cal Maritime Virtual Tour Video - 7 minutes - Posted 4-10-20
- Moments at Cal Maritime - 1.5 minutes - Posted 4-7-20
- The Golden Bear during Cruise 2019 -3 minutes - Posted 7-3-19
- Athletics and Physical Education at Cal Maritime - 5 minutes - Posted 8-11-20
- Campus Panoramas and Walks - Various lengths - Posted 4-9-20
WOMEN IN MARITIME LEADERSHIP (WML) CONFERENCE Link to the WML Conference
A Virtual Fall Campus Open House
Preview Week happens in October and the dates have not been selected for 2021, but you can view all the presentations and Zoom recordings from the 2020 Preview Week by clicking the button below.