We are launching Keelhauler Week to build Cal Maritime spirit and pride while engaging our faculty, staff, and cadets through virtual and on-campus events. Here is a list of some events that will celebrate our campus heritage, history, lore and future. Celebrations will range from Tiny Room Concert Series, Best Day at Cal Maritime videos, Yoga on the Waterfront, and a Carnival on Bodnar Field.
- Monday, Oct 26th, Halloween Mask Making on the Quad @1430 – 1630
- Tuesday, Oct 27th, Glen Cove Fire Bridge Walk @9am
- Tuesday, Oct 27th, Bonfire with dogs & S’mores @ 7:30pm
- Wednesday, Oct 28th: Blanket Making 1100 – 1400 on the Quad
- Wednesday, Oct 28th, Pumpkin Carving in Mayo @6pm
- Wednesday, Oct 28th, Divisional Call of Duty Tournament
- Thursday, Oct 29th, Alumni Hangout @5pm
- Friday Oct 30th, Faculty/Staff vs Cadet kickball game on Bodnar @ 4pm
- Friday, Oct 30th, Athletics Carnival from 6pm – 9pm on Bodnar
- Saturday, Oct. 31 there will be the final kickball tournament and BBQ. Starting at 10 am-5 pm. We want Divisional Teams to come in their best dressed costume to play!!
- Saturday, Oct. 31, Spider Egg hunt @ Bodnar @ 4:30pm
- Saturday, Oct. 31st, Scary Movie night, Food Trucks, and beer garden on Bodnar @ 5pm (movie starts at 7pm)
Best Day at Cal Maritime
As a part of Keelhauler Week, we encourage everyone to pause and think about what being a Keelhauler means to them and some of their positive moments at Cal Maritime. We are asking everyone in the Keelhauler Community to submit their Best Day at Cal Maritime and a picture either from that day or that represents the memory. Our goal is to take the pictures and be able to make something that can become a permanent fixture on the campus.
ABOUT CAL MARITIME
Established in 1929, California State University Maritime Academy is the only degree-granting maritime academy on the West Coast. Located in Vallejo, California, the campus serves nearly 1,000 students and offers undergraduate degrees preparing students for careers in engineering, transportation, international relations, business, and global logistics. The new oceanography degree program launched in the fall of 2020. Cal Maritime also offers a master’s degree in Transportation and Engineering Management, as well as a number of extended learning programs and courses.