In order to receive financial aid at Cal Maritime, a student must:
- be a U.S.citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- if male, be registered with the Selective Service (if required)*;
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular matriculated student in a degree program;
- be making Satisfactory Academic Progress;
- not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal education loan;
- not have been convicted of a drug related violation while receiving federal student aid*;
- and for state programs (Cal Grant and State University Grant), be a California resident.
* As of July 2021 the Selective Service and Drug Convicton requirements no longer apply for federal aid eligibility.