VA Dependents' Educational Assistance Program

The Dependents' Educational Assistance Program of the Veteran's Administration may pay registration fees for dependents of a veteran who died or became disabled as a result of service in the military. For more information on this program, visit their Web site at

Cal-Vet Educational Assistance

This program may pay fees and a monthly amount for dependent students of parents who qualify. Contact the Veteran's Administration. For further information regarding the Cal-Vet Educational Assistance program, please visit their Web site at

For up-to-date information regarding VA Educational Benefits, veterans and dependents of veterans are encouraged to visit the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill Website at  Students who would like to apply for VA Educational Benefits, or who need to request a change in program or place of training, can complete the required VA forms directly online at the GI Bill Website.

To apply directly online, click the appropriate link below:

Once a student becomes eligible (approved) to receive VA Educational Benefits, the student should also submit Cal Maritime Veteran's Information Form to the Student Records Office in order to start the Enrollment Certification process.

Veterans and dependents are also encouraged to visit the CSU's Troops to College website:

For further information regarding VA Educational Benefits, please contact:

Shari Smiljanic-Villa
Records Business & Data Analyst/VA Certifying Official
Phone: (707) 654-1200


 Tuition Assistance is available. Please view the information on the Veteran Resources page at for additional information.