Facilities Planning, Design & Construction
The mission of the Department of Facilities Planning, Design & Construction is to provide effective planning, management, and supervision of all design and construction activities on the Cal Maritime campus and satellite properties. We manage all activities related to the Campus Master Plan, and CSU-funded and campus-funded capital improvement projects (both State and Auxiliary funded) – including contracting, design and construction. We are here to serve the campus community, and will guide and assist you through all the phases of your project, from initial scoping to planning, permitting, project management and construction, through to occupancy.
The Department of Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPDC) is here to serve you by providing the following services:
- Initial feasibility, establishing requirements, scoping and pricing.
- Project contracting, bidding, and award.
- Obtaining the necessary approvals for campus capital improvement projects and obtaining building permits.
- Project management of all campus capital improvement projects (PM and CM)
- Project financial management and business services.
- Ensuring projects comply with the California Building Code, CEQA, ADA, State Fire Marshall, DSA and all other local, state and federal regulatory reviews and agencies.
- Campus compliance with the policies and procedures of the CSU Chancellor's Office of Capital Planning, Design, and Construction (CPDC).
- Maintaining and updating the campus Physical Master Plan.
- Development of the annual campus project list.
Tom Van Pelt
Director of Facilities Planning, Design and Construction