Directory Information is defined as that information contained in an education record of the student that generally would not be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed.
The following is considered DIRECTORY INFORMATION and the California State University Maritime Academy may release and make available to the public UNLESS notified by the student to withhold release of this information:
- Student's name
- university e-mail address
- telephone number
- likenesses used in university publications including photographs
- major field of study class level
- dates of attendance
- enrollment status (part/full-time)
- degrees and dates earned
- awards and honors (e.g. Dean's Honor List) received
- participation in University recognized activities and sports
Click here to request the Request to Withhold Directory Information.
Request to Withhold Directory Information
The following is considered DIRECTORY INFORMATION and the California State University Maritime Academy will release and make available to the public UNLESS notified by the student to withhold release of this information:
· Student's name
· University e-mail address
· Telephone number
· Likenesses used in university publications including photographs
· Major field of study class level
· Dates of attendance
· Enrollment status (part/full-time)
· Degrees and dates earned
· Awards and honors (e.g. Dean's Honor List) received
· Participation in University recognized activities and sports
Under the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 students have the right to withhold disclosure of directory information (see list above).
California State University Maritime Academy will honor your request to withhold directory information until such time as you inform the University in writing that you withdraw the request.
Please consider carefully the consequences of any decision to withhold directory information. Once such a request has been filed, the University will not respond to any requests for information about you and your name will not appear on any official rosters for events, such as Commencement, for example. Additionally, the University will not respond to request for verification of enrollment or of degree conferred without your written authorization.
I hereby request that the California State University Maritime Academy withhold directory information from public disclosure until I withdraw this request. I have read the above information and understand the consequences of my request.