Cal Maritime's Presidential Scholarships recognize the academic achievements of top California freshman enrolling in each of our six academic degree programs (majors). The Scholarships are funded through the generous donations to the Cal Maritime Foundation by businesses and individuals. Demonstrating financial need is not required to receive these scholarships.
Six scholarships will be awarded each academic year to students selected from those who meet scholarship qualifications (below). Each award is $6,000 per year renewable for up to four years. Failure to maintain satisfactory academic standing for any semester or failure to comply with the specified criteria outlined below will result in the loss of this scholarship.
To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of California
- Be a student applying to Cal Maritime from high school
- Possess no less than a 3.75 weighted, high school grade point average (GPA) using grades 10 & 11 in A-G courses only
- Submission of the Cal State Apply admission application between October 1 and December 15, 2019
- Submission of the Presidential Scholarship Application including an essay on the specified topic between October 1, 2019 and January 13, 2020.
To be selected to receive the Presidential Scholarship, applicants must be:
- Admitted to Cal Maritime at the time or in the near future
- Selected by a majority of the Scholarship Committee
This scholarship is available for up to four years. To be eligible for renewal of this scholarship, recipients:
- Must keep their college GPA above 2.99. One probationary semester is allowed.
- Must not change degree programs (majors) since each scholarship is tied to a specific program.
Questions regarding the Presidential Scholarship should be addressed to:
Director of Financial Aid
California State University Maritime Academy
200 Maritime Academy Drive
Vallejo, CA 94590
707-654-1275 – Phone
707-654-1007 – FAX
All students who meet the above criteria will be considered for the Scholarship. The scholarship winners will be selected by the Directors of Admissions and Financial Aid and the Presidential Scholarship Committee made up of Cal Maritime staff members.