Cal Maritime's Presidential Scholarships recognize the academic achievements of top California Freshman enrolling in each of our seven academic degree programs (majors). The Scholarships are funded through the generous donations to the Cal Maritime Foundation by businesses and individuals. Demonstrating financial need is not required to receive these scholarships.
Seven scholarships will be awarded each academic year to students selected from those who meet scholarship qualifications (below). Each award is $6,000 per academic year (Fall and Spring terms only) renewable for up to four years. Failure to maintain satisfactory academic standing for any semester or failure to comply with the specified criteria outlined below will result in the loss of this scholarship.
Fill Out the Scholarship Application
To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of California
- Be a student applying to Cal Maritime directly from high school
- Possess no less than a 3.75 weighted, high school grade point average (GPA) using grades 10 & 11 in A-G courses only
- Submission of the Cal State Apply admission application between October 1, 2022 and January 31, 2023
- Submission of the Presidential Scholarship Application including an essay on the specified topic between October 1, 2022 and February 28, 2023
To be selected to receive the Presidential Scholarship, applicants must be:
- Admitted to Cal Maritime at the time or in the near future
- Selected by a majority of the Scholarship Committee
This scholarship is available for up to four years. To be eligible for renewal of this scholarship, recipients:
- Must keep their college GPA above 2.99. One probationary semester is allowed.
- Must not change degree programs (majors) since each scholarship is tied to a specific program.
Questions regarding the Presidential Scholarship should be addressed to:
Admissions Office: email@example.com
All students who meet the above criteria will be considered for the Scholarship. The scholarship winners will be selected by the Directors of Admissions and Financial Aid and the Presidential Scholarship Committee made up of Cal Maritime staff members.