Required Health Insurance
Mandatory Health Insurance Requirement
Due to the special nature of the educational experience at The CSU Maritime Academy (CSUM), all enrolled students are required to carry and show proof of health insurance that meets the minimum insurance requirements to waive and travel assistance throughout their academic career. CSUM students are automatically enrolled in and charged for the school-endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan unless an online insurance waiver is completed and approved. Students with comparable coverage who are granted a waiver from the school's health insurance, will be charged $20 each semester for the required travel assistance.
Link to ONLINE HEALTH INSURANCE WAIVER- CLOSED FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 23/24. Must submit your insurance requests annually each summer (May-August). JCB Insurance Solutions Student Customer Service Line (707) 692-3043.
Waiver Period FAQs for after the waiver has closed
The waiver period is open annually from late Spring to early Fall. For students not attending in the Fall but attending in the Spring, waivers will be considered separately from the Fall waiver process.
The waiver application period has ended and is closed so that student fee processing can be completed.
- Mandatory Health Insurance and Travel Assistance Policy
- What is Travel Assistance? What does it cover?
- On Call Brochure (2022)
- On Call International
- Aetna Student Health Insurance Benefit Handbook 2023/2024
- Aetna Student Health Insurance Benefit Information and ID cards for 2023/2024
- Aetna Fitness
- Aetna Kick Butts
- Aetna Natural Products and Services
- Aetna Local Hospitals
- CSU Health Center Claim Forms
- Aetna Medical Benefits Claim Form (For reimbursement for paid services with an outside provider)
- Pharmacy Claim Form (For reimbursement for paid prescriptions/Immunizations)
Cal Maritime students who have not been granted a waiver will automatically be enrolled in the campus Student Health Insurance Plan and charged for it through their student fees once the waiver closes.
If you have your own personal health insurance or are a dependent on your parent or guardian's health insurance policy, please review the minimum insurance requirements to waive to see if you qualify for a waiver. Students with comparable coverage and who are granted a waiver from the school's health insurance, will be automatically enrolled in, and charged $20 per semester for, the required travel assistance (see On Call International Travel Assistance Brochure).
You are encouraged to apply for a Health Insurance Waiver, if you:
- Are a new, transfer or returning student AND are already covered by a Health Insurance plan that meets the minimum requirements above; or,
- Are a continuing student and are covered by a Health Insurance plan that meets the specified minimum requirements.