Diversity-Equity-Inclusion learning opportunities for Cal Maritime faculty and staff:
- MOVING FROM BIAS TO INCLUSION IN A DEI JOURNEY: An increased focus on the importance of DEI in the workplace has shed light on the fact that everyone has bias. Though it's rooted in human nature, it's important to understand what implicit bias is in order to develop the thoughtful inclusion mindset.
- Overcoming & Understanding Implicit Bias in Higher Education & the Workplace
- Your Role in Workplace Diversity: To understand and appreciate diversity in the workplace, you must develop a deep understanding of yourself, as well as any unconscious bias you may have. Your ability to use a variety of strategies to effectively deal with diverse situations is very important.
- Understanding Workplace Diversity: Differences and similarities of ethnic, cultural, and family background are only part of a comprehensive approach to workplace diversity
- Bridging the Diversity Gap: Without a diverse workforce, organizations run the risk of viewing things from a very limited perspective
- Build Relationships: Build trusting, caring relationships both inside and outside the organization; demonstrates respect for others and skillfully manages conflict; remains open-minded and leverages diversity
- Leading the Team: A project manager is only as good as the project team they lead
- And MANY MORE
These professional development courses are available to all CSU faculty and staff at -