Recognizing the urgent need to confront the gender disparities on our campus, our mission is to create an equitable learning environment for women and all genders through continuing and expansive advocacy and organizational change.
Our formal charge comes from the Faculty Senate, and is to "study gender equity issues in our campus culture and make recommendations to the Senate on policies and best practices that can be adopted." The Faculty Senate Executive Committee created and approved this charge on February 28, 2019.
- Chair: Julie Simons (faculty)
- Vice chair: Tamara Burback (faculty)
- Secretary: Ian Wallace (CAPS)
- Academic Senate Executive Committee Member: Elizabeth McNie
- Student Affairs and/or Title IX Member: Vineeta Dhillon
- Student Representatives: Sophie Scopazzi, Margaret Laton
- Administrative Liaison: Kevin Mandernack
Spring 2021 meetings times are:
- February 10th, 4:30-5:30
- March 3rd, 4:30-5:30
- March 24th, 4:30-5:30
- April 14th, 4:30-5:30
- May 5th, 4:30-5:30
Members of the campus community are welcome to attend meetings, which are held remotely this semester and available at https://csum.zoom.us/j/86106153815?from=addon
The Gender Equity Committee values input from members of the campus community. At this time please direct any comments, observations, or concerns to the chair of the committee, Dr. Julie Simons.