Application Materials and Deadlines
How to Apply
Applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management program must hold the equivalent of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and must submit the following documentation to the Office of Graduate Studies, California State University Maritime Academy, 200 Maritime Academy Drive, Vallejo, CA 94590, for admission:
- Completed California State University Maritime Academy Graduate Application for Admission.
- Non-refundable $70 application fee.
- A Statement of Purpose setting forth career goals and research interests.
- A curriculum vitae or resume including education, employment, and service activities.
- Official transcript(s) from all post-secondary institutions attended. (Students who have previously attended Cal Maritime do not need to request a transcript from the University.)
- For International Applicants: If submitting transcripts from institutions outside the United States, it will be necessary to have your credentials evaluated by World Education Services wes.org. The applicant must arrange for and cover the cost of that service.
- If English is not the applicant's native language, the applicant is required to submit an official TOEFL score report. A minimum score of 575 (paper-based), 240 (computer-based), or 90 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required.
Admissions Schedule for Fall 2022
The application and admissions schedule is as follows:
- Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2022 cohort.
- Applicants will be notified of admission within approximately two weeks of submitting a completed application.