Hardware & Software Requirements
In order to participate in your courses, you will need to have access to the following:
- A computer with a broadband Internet connection
- A supported Web browser
- For Moodle (Cohorts 1 through 7): Mozilla Firefox version 3.6 or above. Firefox is the preferred browser for Moodle. Internet Explorer version 7.0 or above also works. Chrome is NOT recommended for Moodle.
- For Brightspace (Cohort 8 to present): Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Safari are supported. Microsoft Internet Explorer is not.
Note: Other modern browsers may work but if you experience any issues, try using one of our recommended browsers.
Software Recommendations/Document Viewers
Students can install the free viewers below. However, the full version of Microsoft Office will be needed to edit and submit assignments.
Mac OSX users can use textedit to view documents or OpenOffice to view and edit items and to submit assignments.
- Microsoft Word Document Viewer (WIN)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer (WIN)
- Microsoft Excel Viewer (WIN)
- Microsoft Office 2007 Compatibility Pack
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
For mobile browsers, the latest mobile software is general supported.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or above