Maritime Safety and Security Center
The MSSC is a maritime-focused safety and security-training center located in Richmond, California. It was developed through a public/private partnership between the Chevron Richmond Refinery and California State University, Maritime Academy. Cal Maritime will operate the center.
The Center's focus is on uniform training using common standards of practice to fortify coordinated responses. We provide integrated safety and security planning, preparedness, response and mitigation training and strategies to guarantee an operational whole.
- Maritime Transportation System: Rail, Truck, Ship
- The Petrochemical Industry (Refineries)
- First Responders: Law Enforcement, Fire Departments
- Emergency Preparedness Planners
- Military & Department of Homeland Security
- Disaster and Humanitarian Responders
Programs and Services
- Ongoing Professional Development
- MTSA 109 Courses
- Marine Firefighting and Safety
- Industrial Firefighting and Emergency Response
- Small Arms Certification
- Various Drills & Exercises
- HAZMAT Training
- Small Boat Operations
- Custom Courses and Consulting
Faculty and Staff
MSSC has content experts on staff to develop courses, deliver instruction, and provide technical assistance. Our instructors are experienced veterans who hold nationally recognized training certifications and are ready to meet the training needs of your organization.
Facilities and Resource
- 6+ Acre Campus
- 9000 Square Ft Office and Classroom Building
- 140' Fire Training Simulator
- Small Arms Shooting Range
The Maritime Safety and Security Center
756 West Gertrude Ave.
Richmond, CA 94801
Main Office Line