Customized Training: Targeted Training for Your Staff
Cal Maritime Extended Learning develops and delivers customized training to companies in the Bay Area, throughout the Pacific Northwest, and around the country. Our instructors are recognized industry experts who will work closely with you to assess your company's needs, and create specialized training and professional development programs for your specific education goals. We also offer traditional courses for maritime training and certification which can be held on site at your company for the convenience of your staff. Whether your team needs professional development programs in leadership and management skills, or more technical workshops in maritime related regulatory requirements, Cal Maritime Extended Learning can work with you to develop and offer the best training opportunities.
Contact us to find out more about in-depth, customized educational programs for your business.
The Simulation Center
California State University Maritime Academy and the Department of Extended Learning are pleased to offer students and clients access to the new Simulation Training Experiential Learning & Research Center. The Center houses classrooms, conference meeting rooms, simulator instructor stations and the latest in simulation equipment and software including:
- Two - 360o View Full Mission Bridge Simulators with TRANSAS NTPRO software*
- One - 225o View Full Mission Bridge Simulator with TRANSAS NTPRO software*
- An 8 station integrated bridge electronic systems technology (IBest) Lab with Radar/ARPA/ECDIS Simulators operating with TRANSAS software (with view screens)*
- A Multi-Threat/Hazard Crisis Management Center with simulation support provided by the TRANSAS PISCES2 Crisis Management Simulation System*
- A Full Mission Gas Turbine Simulator
- A Part-Task Trainer Steam Simulator with HAVEN AUTOMATION/MPRI software
- A Full-Mission Diesel Simulator
- A dangerous Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator (LCHS) with LNG capability with TRANSAS software*
*All TRANSAS simulators can be inter-connected and interactive in real time.
The Simulation Center offers unique opportunities for training in Bridge and ER Team Management, Security Response, Crisis Management, Oil Spill Response, Ship and Tug Handling, Radar/ARPA and much more.
Please contact us for more information on scheduling your next customized training or event in the Simulation Center.