Admitted Students Information
Are you ready to come aboard and save your space at Cal Maritime?
Like every university, Cal Maritime admits more students than it can accommodate. In order to reserve your space in the Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 enrolling class, you need complete the following steps:
- Your online or mailed non-refundable $500 deposit;
- The online Intent-to-Enroll form; and
- The online "StarRez" Housing License Agreement or optional Off-Campus Housing Petition. This is not required for Spring 2021 students in the Business Administration, Global Studies and Maritime Affairs, and Oceanography programs since courses in these programs will all be online for the Spring 2021 semester, though housing is available for those with no other housing options.
The New Student Guide includes all the information you need, with online and printable forms (along with the $500 non-refundable deposit) that must be submitted by the following dates to save your space.
- Spring 2021 admitted students - Nov 15, 2020
- Fall 2021 admitted students - May 1, 2021
For any enrollment questions, contact the Admissions Office at (707) 654-1330.
Virtual Tours, Presentations, and Events for students admitted to Spring 2021 and Fall 2021
Use the Virtual Tours, Presentations, and Counseling webpage to schedule meetings with us until more information is placed here in upcoming weeks. There will be an online open house called Cal Maritime Day for Fall 2021 admitted students to be scheduled in early April.
Check Your Student Portal "MyCalMaritime"
Includes your Campus E-mail & PeopleSoft Student Center
You should have been sent access to your campus e-mail account and student portal to the email address you listed in your admission application. Look for an email with the subject line "Your ID, Username, and passwords for Cal Maritime portal and e-mail." If you cannot find that email, it may have been blocked, so just give us a call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can resend your credentials.
Once you find that email, go to www.csum.edu (or any Cal Maritime webpage) and click on "Login" along the top of your large screen or in the main menu icon in the upper corner of your cell phone screen . Then enter your username and your password. You should now be on the Cal Maritime student portal called "MyCalMaritime."
The access to your Cal Maritime email account is on the left side: "Office 365 Email." You should also take a look at your records in our computer system called "PeopleSoft -Student Systems." Inside PeopleSoft, look for "Student Center" which is how you evenuatlly will view or change your addresses, emails, phone numbers, view the courses you're registered in, accept the financial aid you've been offered, and more.
Add your Campus E-mail to your smartphone
The easiest way to access your campus e-mail is to add it as an e-mail account on your smartphone (iPhone or Android). To view instructions for adding your campus e-mail to your smartphone, refer to the first e-mail we sent to your Cal Maritime account with the subject line, "Welcome to your new Cal Maritime email account."
Complete Your Physical Exam and Medical Forms
Set up an appointment with your physician for a full examination.
- The Spring 2021 medical forms your doctor needs to complete can be accessed by clicking here. These forms are due to our Health Center by December 1, 2020.
- The Fall 2021 medical forms are not yet ready. Please check back for those forms.
Remember that some health conditions learned through a completed health forms may prevent an individual from receiving a license to work in certain occupations associated with some of our degree program or complete a requirement for receiving certain degrees we offer.
Mandatory Health Insurance Requirement
- Spring 2021 admitted students: To avoid being charged for health insurance, must submit a health insurance waiver request by Mid-December. Information is available at our health insurance webpage.
- Fall 2021 admitted students: o avoid being charged for health insurance, must submit a health insurance waiver request by Mid-Summer, 2021. Information will be available at our health insurance webpage.
It is the policy of Cal Maritime to require all enrolled students to maintain Cal Maritime student health insurance or comparable private insurance. This is due to the special nature of the educational experience at the Academy, which includes an international training cruise or international study experience.
If you are currently not insured: You will be automatically enrolled in the Cal Maritime insurance plan that meets all school requirements.
If you are currently insured and wish to maintain your current insurance, you must: Request a waiver from purchasing Cal Maritime's insurance plan by completing the online Student Health Services insurance waiver. Please note, it is the responsibility of the student to inform Cal Maritime when coverage changes after any waiver has been granted.
Important Documents to Read
- Official Student Handbook
- Uniform and Grooming Standards
- The Most Recently Published Academic Catalog
Follow this link to information for veterans.