Admitted Students Information
Are you ready to come aboard and save your space at Cal Maritime?
Like every university, Cal Maritime admits more students than it can accommodate. In order to reserve your space in the Fall 2021 enrolling class, you need complete the following steps:
- Your online or mailed non-refundable $500 deposit due by end of May 3, 2021, or within three weeks of the date of your acceptance, whichever is later. The deposit will be applied to your uniform and housing charges (or tuition if not living on-campus). Email us if you're having financial difficulties and cannot pay the deposit at this time - email@example.com.
- The online Intent-to-Enroll Form due by end of May 3, 2021, or within three weeks of the date of your acceptance, whichever is later.
- The online "StarRez" Housing License Agreement or optional Off-Campus Housing Petition due by June 1, 2021. Star Rez is now accepting submissions from fall 2021 new students.
Campus housing will be available for all students.
The New Student Guide includes all the information you need, with online and printable forms (along with the $500 non-refundable deposit*) that must be submitted by May 3, 2021, or within three weeks of the date of your acceptance, whichever is later.
*Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're having financial difficulties and cannot pay the $500 deposit. For any
other enrollment questions, contact the Admissions Office at (707) 654-1330 or email@example.com.
CAL MARITIME WEEK
(Virtual Event) for Admitted Students - Recorded April 17-22, 2021
Cal Maritime Week, is and online open-house consisting of a series of specific Zoom sessions for admitted students and families.
In-Person Tours Campus Tours, Virtual Tours, Presentations, and Events for Students Admitted to Fall 2021
Use the Visit Options, Events, and Counseling webpage to schedule in-person or virtual tours and virtual meetings with us.
CLICK, CHAT, CONNECT
Click, Chat, Connect sessions are opportunities for students and families to learn more information about special topics, interact with current cadets (students) and hear from Admissions Staff. Held bi-weekly via Zoom, everyone is welcome to participate. All you need to do is click the following link to join the sessions or view the recordings: https://csum.zoom.us/j/86053513936
|Zoom Session Recording from Thur., Feb. 11 at 4pm||Strategic Sealift Officer Program (Navy Reserves) for sea-going majors|
|Zoom Session Recording from Tues., Feb. 23 at 4pm||Participation Pit-Stop, Check out the Makerspace and Library|
|Zoom Session Recording from Thur., Feb. 25 at 4pm||Womxn @ Cal Maritime|
|Zoom Session Recording from Tues., Mar. 9 at 4pm||Student Governmet & Community Engagement/Service|
|Zoom Session Recording of Thur., Mar. 11 at 4pm||Housing and Residential Life|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Tues., Mar. 23 at 4pm||Career Services at Cal Maritime|
|Recording of Zoom Session from Thur., Mar. 25 at 4pm||CAPS: Counseling and Psychological Services|
Athletics and Recreation: Session 1
|Recording of Zoom Session from Thur., Apr. 8 at 4pm||The Corps of Cadets|
|Tues., Apr. 27 at 4pm||Athletics and Recreation: Session 2|
|Thur., Apr. 29 at 4pm||Campus Live Tour|
FINANCIAL AID FRIDAYS
Financial Aid Friday sessions were opportunities for students and families to ask questions directly to the staff of Cal Maritime's Financial Aid Office. Click below to view the session recordings on various financial aid topics.
|Zoom Session Recording from Friday, Feb. 5 at 4pm||Award Letters & the FAFSA|
|Zoom Session Recording from Friday, Feb. 19 at 4pm||Verification Process|
|Zoom Session Recording from Friday, Mar. 5 at 4pm||Income Appeals|
|Zoom Session Recording from Friday, Mar. 19 at 4pm||Scholarships|
|Zoom Session Recording from Friday, Apr. 2 at 4pm||Loans|
|Saturday, Apr. 17 time TBD||Financial Aid Session at Cal Maritime Week. (See Cal Maritime Week below)|
Check Your Student Portal Email and PeopleSoft Student Center
We sent a message to e-mail address you listed in your application telling you how to access your campus e-mail account and student portal. Look for an email with the subject line "Your ID, Username, and passwords for Cal Maritime portal and e-mail." That email tells you your Cal Maritime email address, username, and how to set up your password. If you cannot find that email, your spam filter may be blocking it. If that's the case, give us a call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can resend your credentials.
Add your Campus E-mail to your smartphone
The easiest way to access your campus e-mail is to add it as an e-mail account on your smartphone (iPhone or Android). To view instructions for adding your campus e-mail to your smartphone, refer to the first e-mail we sent to your Cal Maritime account with the subject line, "Welcome to your new Cal Maritime email account."
Complete Your Physical Exam and Medical Forms
Set up an appointment with your physician for a full examination.
- The Fall 2021 medical forms can be accessed via this web link.
- The Spring 2021 medical forms your doctor needs to complete can be accessed by clicking here. These forms are due to our Health Center by December 1, 2020.
Remember that some health conditions learned through a completed health forms may prevent an individual from receiving a license to work in certain occupations associated with some of our degree program or complete a requirement for receiving certain degrees we offer.
Mandatory Health Insurance Requirement
- Fall 2021 admitted students: to avoid being charged for health insurance, must submit a health insurance waiver request by Mid-Summer, 2021. Information will be available at our health insurance webpage.
- Spring 2021 admitted students: To avoid being charged for health insurance, must submit a health insurance waiver request by Mid-December. Information is available at our health insurance webpage.
It is the policy of Cal Maritime to require all enrolled students to maintain Cal Maritime student health insurance or comparable private insurance. This is due to the special nature of the educational experience at the Academy, which includes an international training cruise or international study experience.
If you are currently not insured: You will be automatically enrolled in the Cal Maritime insurance plan that meets all school requirements.
If you are currently insured and wish to maintain your current insurance, you must: Request a waiver from purchasing Cal Maritime's insurance plan by completing the online Student Health Services insurance waiver. Please note, it is the responsibility of the student to inform Cal Maritime when coverage changes after any waiver has been granted.
Important Documents to Read
- Official Student Handbook
- Uniform and Grooming Standards
- The Most Recently Published Academic Catalog
Follow this link to information for veterans.
WOMEN IN MARITIME LEADERSHIP (WML) CONFERENCE Link to the WML Conference