This archive contains both CAPS presentations as well as reports, internal and external, relevant to mental health.
CAPS Counselors have provided many presentations, trainings, and workshops to the Cal Maritime community. Below is a selection of presentations in our archive for your review. To request an outreach activity from a CAPS counselor please visit the Outreach page for more information.
Mariner Mental Health
USCG LICENSING AND MARINERS’ MENTAL HEALTH (Fall 2022) with Dr. Laura Torres-Reyes, MD, MPH, USAF (Ret.), Medical Evaluation Division Chief at the U.S. Coast Guard’s National Maritime Center.
Health and Wellness Seminar Series (Spring 2015)
- Growth Mindset and Assertive Communication
- Making Campus More Caring and Compassionate
- Red Folder - Assisting Students in Distress
- Maritime Relationships
- Revisit Your New Year's Resolution
- Preventing Violence Against Women
- Improving Relationships with Difficult Co-workers
- Counselors on TSGB Summer 2014 – Summary Report
Communication Skills for Controversial Topics
Trauma and Resilience in Individuals and Groups
Managing Emotions while Public Speaking
A Picture of Mental Health at Cal Maritime: Student Survey Results from Fall 2013
A Picture of Mental Health at Cal Maritime: Faculty and Staff Survey Results Fall 2013
NCHA Executive summaries: 2011, 2016, 2018, 2021