FAQ - the Portpass ID Card


What is a Portpass?

The Portpass is a Photo IDCard that is issued by the University to all of its faculty, staff and students. This identification card provides access to various campus services including the:

·Front Gate (after hours and on weekends)

·Sport Court

·Upper Residence Hall after hours (student residents)

·Computer Lab (24x7)

·Meal Plan (if purchased)

·Library services

A picture of Training Ship Golden Bear and the MARAD seal on the back of the card may help foreign port officials to associate you with the ship.

I'm new to the University. How do I get a card?

Incoming students obtain a portpass during orientation. Please review the information on the orientation website for more information >> 

New empoyees of the University should obtain a signed form from the HROffice and take it to the Help Desk (Classroom Building Room 105, located adjacent to the Data Center).

I misplaced or lost my card. What should I do?

Regardless of whether you intend to replace it, immediately notify Help Desk. They will deactivate the lost ID card to prevent unauthorized use of your card.

To obtain a replacement card, 1) Go to Cashier's Office ($10) and 2) then go to the Help Desk for a new card. In most cases, the Help Desk will not have to retake your picture (unless you request a new one be taken).