How do I access and change my voicemail password on campus?
- Dial your extension number to access your voice mail.
- Press the # key.
- Enter a security code.
- Follow the instructions on the voice message or refer to the Quick Reference Card attached to setup your voice mail.
- Change your password (dial 8 1 4).
Working with Cal Maritime phones remotely
There are two ways to forward your Cal Maritime work phone to your home, cell, or Google phone number. There are self-service instructions for setting up forwarding on-campus and Help Desk assistance is available to assist those already working remotely. A free Google Voice virtual phone can be setup and used from your computer if you do not have a phone to forward to or to use to check voicemail. Voicemail can be checked remotely or forwarded to email.
Setting up Call Forwarding from on-campus
The following option will allow you to manage call forwarding from your on-campus phone.
- From the Phone screen, scroll right to access the Features menu.
- Select the forwarding feature you want to activate.
- Press Select or OK to turn the call forwarding feature on.
- Enter the number to which you want to forward your calls as the destination - include 8-1 and the ten-digit number. Example 8-1-707-123-4567
- Press Select or OK to turn the call forwarding feature off if it is already on. A confirmation tone will play and handset icon with two arrows will be at the top of your phone display when activated.
Setting up Call Forwarding from off-campus
If you have already left campus the following option will allow you to manage call forwarding with Help Desk assistance.
- Contact the Help Desk to set up call forwarding remotely at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- Extension to be forwarded
- Number to forward calls to
- Upon return to the office please send a request to email@example.com to disable the call forwarding
Setting up a Google Voice virtual phone
- On your computer, go to voice.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account - Register for a Google account if you do not already have one.
- Search by city or area code for a number. Voice doesn't offer 1-800 numbers. (If there aren't any numbers available in the area you want, try somewhere nearby.)
- Next to the number you want, click Select. Follow the instructions.
Notes: After setting up Voice, you can link another phone number. Calls can be placed to most US numbers at no cost. Learn more about setting up phones.
Checking Your Voice Mailbox from off-campus
- Call (707) 654-1300
- When you hear the greeting, press *
- When prompted, enter your phone extension
- Enter a voicemail security code