IT Help Desk
The Information Technology Help Desk at Cal Maritime provides assistance to all students, faculty, and staff. It provides support for all University-owned equipment and software, networking, and the use of computer-related technology.
Help Desk Services During COVID-19
Help Desk services are provided remotely and on-site by appointment. Help Desk team members currently split their time working remotely for distancing and on-site to provide on-campus assistance. Appointments can be scheduled for services that require in-person assistance.
Many of our popular requests are available through online self-service:
- Port Pass requests - Port Pass requests are now made online. Instructions for pickup location will be emailed once port pass is ready.
- Password assistance - Password updates and resets can be made using the Cal Maritime Password service
- Software distribution – How to obtain MATLAB, SolidWorks, and Office 365 applications
- Report residence hall WiFi issue
To request assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to send email, call the Help Desk at 707-654-1048 and leave a message. This will create a service request and a team member will call you back.
- Monday-Friday 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Non-business hours: Emergency IT support* is available during non-business hours. To request IT support during these times, contact IT Help Desk for EMERGENCIES ONLY at x1048 (707-654-1048 from off-campus).
*Emergency support is provided for complete, campus-wide outage of IT systems and services, including (but not limited to):
- Complete outage of ALL email
- Complete outage of file server access (e.g., Z drive and other shared drives)
- Complete outage of Brightspace (e.g., people cannot login)
- Complete outage of Web portal site access
How to Report a Problem
Submit a request to the Help Desk:
- Send an email to email@example.com. Your request will automatically be entered into the Help Desk ticketing system and you will receive confirmation via email.
For information on how to report IT emergencies during non-business hours, see the section above entitled "Support Schedule."
Audiovisual Equipment in Classrooms and Labs
Support is provided by the Audio/Visual team, part of the IT Department. Audio/visual support for classrooms is one of our top priorities.
To report audio/visual equipment problems, please submit a request through the IT Help Desk.